Plastic surgery: Where to go

  ETL  /    Dec 5, 2015

Having plastic surgery is a big, personal decision. If you’re thinking of having one, you should decide what kind of plastic surgery you want, who will do it, and where should you go for the procedure.

“Nowadays there are so many beauty centers mushrooming all over the metro. It is highly advisable that you find a board-certified doctor you can trust because plastic surgery may result in more complications if done unprofessionally,” says Dr. Lourdes Josephine Angliongto-Ramos, chief of Section of Plastic Surgery, The Medical City Center for Wellness and Aesthetics (TMC-CWA).

To know if your doctor is board-certified, you can check the website of the Philippine Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (PAPRAS) or the Philippine College of Surgeons (PCS) for the list of plastic surgeons with good standing. PAPRAS is recognized by both the Philippine Medical Association and the PCS as the only specialty society for plastic surgery in the country.

A board-certified plastic surgeon usually belongs to a reputable health institution like TMC that has strict qualifications in accepting doctors.

“All TMC doctors have to undergo formal training in their respective fields.  They have to submit the requirements needed for Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation and the board certification from their respective specialties,” says Dr. Ramos. JCI is the world’s most prestigious accrediting body for health care organizations.

TMC has an Aesthetic Surgery Suite (Operating Room) located in the Wellness Center complex which accepts only plastic surgery and varicose vein cases. Since it is hospital based, the patient has the full support of all specialists in the medical field.

“This makes TMC –CWA clients more secure and relaxed, knowing that we are hospital based and we can easily deal with any unexpected complications or difficulties,” explains Dr. Ramos.

For inquiries, you may call the TMC-CWA Aesthetic Unit at 988-1000 or 988-7000 ext. 6588 or 6592.